Thursday, October 27, 2005

Done Scrubs and continuing on Networking

Hehe well yes another late night post about Scrubs and my Networking Assignment!! :)

Tonight was pretty sweet, working like a madman on my Networking Assignment and it's going super well. I wasn't sure quite how long this section of code would take as it is pretty complicated and there are tons of details. It is also a bit nuts because it is multi threaded programming and I am just learning this now in Concurrency, but we are already expected to know this for the Networking course. It's pretty sweet though and I am really enjoying this assignment. It's massive but ohhh man it is satisfying to develop software that is this challenging. I feel like I am learning a LOT from this. Also old things that I haven't dealt with for a while (like ADT Dictionary stuff like HashMaps, HashTables, etc in Java) I had to refresh myself on those, so this is super useful.

I also get to program Dijkstra's Algorithm for shortest path calculation in Network Routing as I mentioned in a previous post. This is good timing as I think we also need to program Dijkstra's Algorithm next week in my Algorithms class, haha that is awesome. So maybe I can do some "code reuse" here, literally. Sweet.

Just finished Scrubs tonight, I watched all 4 Seasons and MAN it was awesome. I watched Season 3 and Season 4 in probably the last 2 weeks, it has been keeping me sane with all of this work and studying for midterms, hehe. Anyway that's what's happening with me lately, things are going well and I am really enjoying this term. I am working really hard but everything is paying off well, for instance this assignment is another 40 hour (at least) assignment, but the amount of stuff I am learning is massive. This rocks!!

No comments: