Saturday, October 29, 2005

Finally done Networking

Hehe yes I am finally done my assignment!! It was so huge and crazy but man it was satisfying to finish it. I had to figure out some creative ways to solve the problems, that's the nice thing about these assignments - the specification is intentionally quite vague, so a lot of the responsibility of designing and developing the solution is up to you. I learned a lot about Java Collections and brushed up on my Java skills. As usual I developed in Eclipse (awesome development environment for Java) and hooked that up to CVS on the school servers. This is so I had backups essentially of previous editions of my code so in case I had problems, I could always jump back to an old version. I have been developing in this form for a while and I really like using CVS for my own projects now too since they are generally pretty big and require a lot of organization... if something goes wrong in your code it is very comforting to know you can always easily jump back to an old edition of it. Good times!!

I was so excited to finish my assignment tonight that I rewarded myself with some Swiss Chalet (chicken dinner) delivery, man it was tasty. I am really glad to get this assignment done because it is due pretty soon and I have to get studying for another Midterm. For the past 2 weeks I have had tons of work and it has been pretty insane, but I am almost done all of this work, so that rocks. I am looking forward to getting some good relaxation time next week before starting more assignments.

Matt Lausch, my 'ol buddy/friend since I was 6 years old had his birthday yesterday so I called to say Happy Birthday and he sounds like he is having a good time at home!! That is cool and hopefully I can get down to Toronto to see a bunch of friends before the end of the term.

I am probably going to update my website again soon with some old Mp3s of my guitar playing, I should really post that kind of stuff when I get a chance.

Otherwise all is well, just getting everything done and working really super insanely hard. Looking forward to a bit of a chance to relax next week.

No comments: