Sunday, July 23, 2006

Almost done Raytracer Final Scene for Project

Today I set the models up better in Maya and re-exported them. Also after some work it was clear that the normals on the picture frame were totally wrong and I couldn't fix them and get the picture frame to look good. Instead I made my own picture frame really quickly and used that instead, and it works pretty well. I also fixed the normals on the back wall and stuff so it is now textured and shadows are being cast on it correctly.

At the moment I am rendering my Final Scene with Anti-Aliasing, so that is going to take another few hours. I have some cool setup images though from today, and the render of my Final Scene without Anti-aliasing.

Note that the Final Scene image that I am going to submit will look a bit smoother than this one and a bit sharper so that's good.


Scene with no reflection or refraction to get placement correct, new camera angle


Almost done


Final Scene marked for Anti-Aliasing, about 50% of the image will be supersampled


Final image with no anti-aliasing, renders in 24 minutes on a P4 3.0 Ghz machine

No comments: