Friday, July 28, 2006

Almost done the term

Well it's been a fantastic term, but man it's been crrraaaaaazy. :) After the 270-ish hours that was my Graphics project, and the general amazing lack of sleep over the past month, I've taken a few days just to relax which is pretty good.

Tomorrow I've got to go "sign off" on the design for the Graphics class T-shirts I designed (see post from last week) and then get rockin' with some fierce studying. Should be a decent exam time this year, since I don't have as many as usual (thank you, independent study Fine Arts classes!) So that is pretty great but it's still a bit hard to get back into gear after coming off the Graphics Project racetrack. I'm still pretty tired from that, it was awesome but wow I think that's the most insane project I've done so far at University. Crazy.

Anyhoo tonight was a good relaxing one again, had an extra graphics class today where our Professor showed us some videos of water simulation, and really cool smoke and fire simulation, then some interesting (but apparently not "physically correct") subsurface-scattering NVidia stuff that simulates skin, it looks good but apparently real skin totally doesn't do that in real life. Hehe anyway it sure looked pretty cool. Hehe I love Graphics. :)

So I'm up again at 3:20am, I should probably be getting some earlier nights now, but I'm so used to going to bed at 5am lately that I'm not really tired yet. Hehe we sure watched enough Chapelle's Show tonight though, fantastic. I don't think Matt has seen it before so he thought it was pretty awesome. Dave Chapelle totally rocks, I love how his show is sooooo insanely ridiculous, but under all of the humour there are some super serious messages about society and American culture and racism and the list goes on. It's really kindof amazing that he can pull of that insane of a show, make it that awesomely entertaining and still get his message across loud and clear. I've said it once, I'll say it again... he's a comedic genius. :)

So other than wasting some more time on Facebook and MySpace tonight, I haven't done too much. I guess I needed a few days to wind down after the project. My Prof sounded happy with it today and they told me during my presentation that I might be in the top 3, which would ROCK THE HOUSE!!! I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping for a medal - the best 3 projects in the class get awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal, it would be awesome if I get one, but also I won't be too sad if I don't win.

It's pretty awesome though that my 2 super-smart roommates Matt P and Matt L won Gold and Silver (respectively) last year, which is totally nuts. I am really happy with the knowledge that I've gained from this and how I was able to get it to where I really wanted to get it to, but it sure would be nice to get some props from school once in a while for working this hard! :) Hehe anyway no worries but it would be wicked if that works out.

Hmm I should go to bed. I don't sleep enough anymore. There is a lot to think about after term is done but I gotta try to keep to one thing at a time. I've got to get these CS 488 Shirts sorted and then get studying for my Exams. After those are done I am going to hang with Matt and Alex at Alex's cottage for a while, which will be aweeeesssssooome. I can't wait for that. After this I am heading to London then to Waterloo again, then to California. Pretty much all sorted for California now which is good, and things are a bit easier again this time because I've already got my bank account and Cell phone setup there from last term. I'm really excited to see my California friends again soon too, I really love that crew, they are an awesome bunch.

Oh yes in other news my animation for Fine Arts is starting to get to a decent stage I think. My Prof liked the Animation so far so I think it's pretty close. I have made a sort of hanging mobile that I have animated with some Maya Dynamics simulations, and the purpose is the animated caustics on the wall. Groovy. I'll post some images from it right now.

No comments: