Saturday, July 22, 2006

Finished Final Raytracer code, starting Final Scene

This is really exciting and awesome, I have spent soooo long and worked sooo hard on this Raytracer so it's really awesome to finnnnaally finish the code and get started on some creative stuff for my Final Scene.

I started by placing the objects in Maya and then making a Bounding Box version of the scene so I could easily place the camera quickly in LUA.

I then swapped out the bounding box table for my Maya models and it looks sweet. The glass is going to look really awesome I think!! I am rendering a test of this overnight. The glossy reflection mixed with texture mapping on the table looks totally wicked and I am so happy with it.


Initial scene placement


Switch to my Maya models


Add picture frame


Add coke can


Add texture on table


Add glasses and glossy reflections on table!! This looks awesome and note that the glass will
look much better when I run it with a much higher recursion depth.


Awesome glossy reflections on the table


My final scene so far with a recursion depth of 6. Note the glass looks wayyy better (and super awesome, if I don't say so myself) :)

No comments: