Sunday, July 02, 2006

Refraction kinda working

I kindof got Refraction working today, it's hard to tell though cause my glass OBJ model needs some fierce vertex normal interpolation. I am going to make a Cornell Box with some spheres in it instead to test this out - that'll be a much smarter way to make sure everything is working correctly.

So here are a few images, some initial Refraction and then the table scene with refraction incorrect and then (I think) with it fixed to account for when the ray is entering and when the ray is exiting a specified surface. It is starting to look like glass though so that's pretty cool!!!


Reflection and Refraction combined


Initial Refraction, looks sortof right at the bottom of the glass


My normals are crazy, but otherwise this is definitely starting to look like glass

No comments: