Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Graphics... Gold Medal!!!!!!

Tonight was AWESSSSSSSSSOMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we wrote the Graphics Final, it was totally sweeeeeeeet which was great and it went well despite the insane heat in the PAC where we wrote the test. It was a bit nuts, I had to get up like 5 or 6 times during the exam to get more water from outside and wash my face and stuff. I saw several other people doing the same thing too, it was nuts!! Apparently it was 50 DEGREES CELCIUS today with the Humidity?!?!!!! Almost a record temperature, so they needed some mad air conditioning in the PAC which was not up high enough or something, it was crrazzy. But anyway all is well!

More importantly... we got the projects back tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The awards for best project was of course every student's favourite food, chocolate. First my Professor gave me a box of chocolate for designing and printing and ordering etc the CS 488 T-shirts, I couldn't believe that he gave me something for doing the shirts, that was amazingly nice!!!

Then came the time for the awards.....

My friend Yung won an honourable mention award which is totally sweet, she was really happy about it and her project was a Dance Dance Revolution style game in OpenGL and I thought it was totally awesome.

And then came time for the medals....

There were some amazing projects and I wasn't sure how mine would compare, everyone worked sooooo hard and there was really some totally fantastic work. So after it was all said and done... I WON GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Holy crud I was trying to contain my excitement but after we left the room I ran around the DC and I was totally psyched and excited and ohhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan that was aweeeeeeeeeeesssooommeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like quite often at school with hard exams and marks being taken off all the time for silly things on programming assignments and stuff, that you really never get recognized for all the hard work you put in. On this Graphics Project I worked on it sooooo hard, most certainty the longest and hardest I have worked on any one project throughout my entire University career. It's SO amazing that it worked out so well and my TAs and my Prof decided to award me this, I totally couldn't believe it and I was on top of the world for ages after hearing the news!! (Hehe actually I still am) :)

I went out with a bunch of my fellow Graphics classmates to East Sides for a celebration dinner, it was awesome. Ohhhh man what a great time and I still can't believe I won!! Crazzzy!!

After that Yung and Jeremy came back to my place, we hung out for a bit, had some tea and then we watched Toy Story to continue the Graphics-related celebration. :)

Amazing. So after 3 months of super crazy insane, pedal-to-the-medal hard work for Graphics, I am finally done the course. I donned my CS 488 Computer Graphics Survivor shirt and just chilled out tonight. Awesome. I learned so much from doing this Raytracer and I am so happy that I was able to follow in the footsteps of my genius roommates Matt and Matt (who won Silver and Gold last year) that is soooooo awesome.

I of course called my parents and my sister and they were all happy and proud of me. Ohhh what a great day. I still can't believe it. :)


Wahoo!!!!!!!! Me with my two chocolate boxes and my project manual

The back of the CS 488 T-Shirt!!

Sweeeet

Yung and I with our awards

Mmm... chocolate

The Droste dark chocolate pastille tower, 60 of them!!

Yeeeahhh my project!!

Opening the chocolate box

Mmm

Chocolates closer up

Mmm.. hazelnut praline

No comments: