Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscars and Java Assignment

Oh man, the Oscars tonight were awwwessooome. I was really psyched when Michael Arndt, the screenwriter for Little Miss Sunshine won. That was totally awesome. He works at Pixar now and if you see some of my previous posts I talk about when we got to hear him speak, and he is totally awesome. So I am really happy that his hard work was recognized. Fantastic!!

We were all hoping that Ryan Gosling would win since he's from London, Ontario, where I grew up. Lots of good movies this year though. It was awesome (and expected, I think) that ILM won the Oscar for Pirates of the Caribbean 2, the effects in that film were just out of this world. It's too bad that Pixar didn't win any of the 3 that they were nominated for: Best Animated Short, Best Animated Feature and Best Song... but there was lots of very good competition this year. The Departed was really well done, and it's good to see that they got some props... especially Martin Scorsese finnnaally getting an Oscar.

We watched the entire Oscar show (Ellen was hilarious) and then Jer went home and I got back to work on my UI Assignment in Java. I finished up the Undo/Redo stuff for the Send to Back and Move to Front functionality. This is great as now I just have a small piece left, it shouldn't take too long and then I am done. Good times.


MVC Drawing program in Java

No comments: