Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth, Java and Friends

We're coming up now on the end of reading week, it's been good and now (on the last day, hehe) I am getting a lot of work done on my UI assignment so I can have it finished, or at least mostly finished, for next week. I've got most of the coding done which is sweeeeet. Just gotta add in some more details for Undo and Redo queues but I'm mostly there, which is great. It's only been about a 10 hour assignment so far, pretty light in terms of the usual style here at Waterloo!! :)

Ans and Tim from London came down for a couple of days which was really fun and it was great to see them. Ans came Friday and we rocked some Mr. Sushi (it was actually open for the first time ever, hehe) and then of course got some Bubble Tea action goin' on. On Saturday night. Jer, Ans, Tim and I went out for a while, got some fantastic Indian Food (Chicken Tikka Masala roooocccks) and then finally got a chance to see Pan's Labyrinth. Man, it was awesome. I wasn't sure what kind of story to expect, and it definitely met my expectations. The story was very interesting and the effects were fantastic. I bet it's going to win some Oscars tonight for sure. The story was very imaginative and I really liked the historial back-story, and how they tied it to the Labyrinth world. Very cool.

So right now I'm taking a break to blog up a storm and then back to Java for a while. The Oscars start at 8pm so I've got a few hours until they start. Pixar has 3 nominations... awesome. I bet J.L. will be on stage again tonight!!

No comments: