Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finished UI, 300, Tax time

Whew, so I got UI finished today no problem. It was super fun, I created a mock-up user interface for 3 different views of a next-gen handheld GPS device. I've got a standard Google Maps-style birds-eye-view, then a 3D rendered view with buildings that are of approximately the same relative dimensions as their real life counterparts (kindof like late 1990's era VRML website worlds) and finally an immersive stiched photo environment which is a hybrid of Google Maps and the Microsoft Photosynth research project. I was happy with how it all worked out.

Tonight we went to see 300 and maaaaan it was intense. The backgrounds and sets are just fantastic. I really liked the slow-motion camera work too, they used it quite well and it looked pretty intense.

I got most of the things done that I wanted to do this weekend, but I guess I still need to do my taxes. I should be getting some US moolah back which is fantastic, and I am going to spend it all in Europe this summer. Soooooo excited for that. I gotta keep going on the trip plans too. But anyway lots going on. I see that the new Ninja Turtles movie is coming out soon... I wonder if that is going to rock??!

No comments: