Monday, March 12, 2007

Industrial Light + Magic, here I come!!

Dear friends, family and faithful Mike Jutan blog readers...

It is with great excitement that I can now announce my acceptance of a job offer from Industrial Light + Magic, the visual effects division of Lucasfilm in San Francisco, California!!

I have accepted a position as an Associate R&D Engineer at ILM. This is nothing short of a childhood dream come true. I want to thank my family, friends, and also all of my mentors over the past several years at Alias and Pixar Animation Studios.

I will be graduating from my degree at the University of Waterloo in approximately 1 month from now. I will then be heading to Europe for 2.5 months of backpacking around France, Italy, Greece and the Greek Islands. Following my trip to Europe, I will be moving to San Francisco, California to start my new full-time job.

This is an incredibly exciting opportunity and I am very happy to be joining the team at Lucasfilm. California, here I come!!!!!!!!!!

Check out http://www.ilm.com for details on Industrial Light + Magic and descriptions of some of the films they have worked on. Highlights include: Star Wars I, II, III, IV, V and VI, Indiana Jones, ET, Back to the Future I, II and III, Ghostbusters II, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Men in Black, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2, and the list goes on and on. I am really excited to be a part of this amazing company.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow Jutan! You're f'ing living a dream! Pixar to ILM! Unbelievable! You have no idea how jealous i am of you! Congratulations man. Have fun in Europe dood!
~Timmy