Tuesday, March 06, 2007

San Francisco weekend

As I mentioned in my previous post, this past weekend I went to San Francisco and I saw some of my awesome friends, stayed at a really cool Hotel in the City, went to the Ferry Building for the usual bread/cheese/coffee combo, got some legendary Chinese food at Nan King and some awesome sushi at the sushi boat restaurant. As Stephen Colbert would say, "Great trip... or Greatest trip?!!"


Snow in Canada before leaving


Man it's cold in Canada!


A slightly concerning Windows blue screen one one of the airport screens


Stopover in Phoenix!!


Hey look, it's John Yee from Autodesk!!!!! John was going to GDC in San Francisco and was on my plane.


Complimentary wine at the Hotel


Cool lounge area at the Hotel


Cool sculpture


Lounge area


The outside of the Hotel


Chinatown gate


Wahoo!!!!! My awesome "Celebrity Suite!!" Yeah for free upgrades!!


Lion dance starting in Chinatown


Awesome


Ans you would have loved to see this


Good times


Sushi Boat restaurant I went to with John Yee, and he ate this set right after I took the picture


Possibly the funniest thing all weekend, the sushi boat restaurant sends around other stuff that is not sushi on the boats. Like this slice of cheesecake, which seems so out of place.


My Hotel


Hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Ok so these hotels are nuts, and they have animal-pattern robes in the rooms that you can wear. Obviously I had to meet the customs of the hotel.


Cool mirror


Art gallery at the hotel


Beautiful weather!! It was -35 Celcius in Toronto, and 19 Celcius in San Francisco!!


Palm Trees


Great pic of the Ferry Building


Ruth and I in the evening


Kev, Jake, Amanda, Jon and Angelique


Jon and Angelique


Sean, Bill, Ruth and Sarah


Workin' it


Wooord


Awesome pic of all of us eating at Nan King


Coffee at Cafe Trieste in North Beach after dinner


Chillin'


Um... awesome.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

heart broken... ok taylor and I heart broken.... You can't just come in the states and not tell us way down here in the OC!!!! I demand a do over. Do OVER!!!

Looks like fun, miss everyone :( but sooo glad you got to go