Friday, May 11, 2007

First day in Bordeaux

Today was pretty chill which was nice. Ans and I got some coffee in the morning and had to change hotels because the one we were at didn't have a spot for us tonight. We're still only paying $19.50 Euros each tonight which isn't bad, since we were paying 22 in Paris and 25.50 in Bayeux. Tomorrow and the next night we switch back to our original hostel for 17.50 Euros each per night, which is really quite good. So I'm spending lots of money here but it's going pretty well so far. Ans and I chilled near the "Water Mirror" and a cool fountain in downtown Bordeaux today, and that was lot of fun, then we got a coffee and sat for a good hour and half chatting about work and careers and school and everything we've been through over the past few years at school.

Oh GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have just received my marks for this term and it's toootttallly AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, for the first time evvvvvveeer at Waterloo I managed to get Dean's Honour List!! That is sooooo awesome and I never thought I'd get it, so haha for some reason my final term at school I managed to pull it off. Also suuuuper sweet news is that I have now officially got all the courses sorted, good times, and I will be graduating with distinction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap I am so excited and it's a nice bonus to get that after 5 years of working my butt off at school.

Ok back to France stuff. We are hittin' the Orangina pretty hard over here, cause they have a Mango-Passion Fruit Orangina and also a Blood Orange Orangina, both of which roooooccck. But still I'm losing lots of weight, I think the walking 8 hours per day is doing something. :)

So, Bordeaux rocks. I bought a really awesome hoodie at H&M over here, and added it to the cool jeans I got in Paris and the cool button-up shirt I also got in Paris. I gotta throw out some of the stuff I brought. :)

So that's about it I think. I am going to head to Biarritz sometime soon for some surfing I think. Also maybe to Bayonne cause that place sounds cool too. In other news, Matt Lausch is coming to France!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo awesome, we are going to meet up in Lyon or something and then hit the Annecy International Animation Festival, and then rock out in Geneva for a few days before Matt goes back to Canada. Excellent.

Ok now for some photos.

Ans and I are going on a winery tour this weekend in Bordeaux... sweeeet.


Crraazy roasted chicken and thyme chips


Black oranges and white asparagus?!?! What the?!?!


Ans and I chillin' in the park in downtown Bordeaux


Bordeaux


Me at the "Water Mirror"


Our lunch feast, Camembert, bananas, peaches, mango yoghurt, bagette, and litchi dark chocolate!!


Me at the "Water Mirror"


Cool fountain


Haha, crazy Hello Kitty guitar


Nice park in Bordeaux


Me in my hot new hoodie from H&M, hehe it roooccks

No comments: