Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ILM rooooooooocks!!!!!!

I'm having an awesome first few days at work. I'm reading lots and learning about the software and the design of it and why things are designed that way and so on, so I can start contributing soon.

I've already started on the swag train!! I got some AMAZING ILM pins, I guess they are made for every movie that ILM works on or something like that. So I got a few of those and they are super cool. Today I got an AMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIING watch, it is soooooooo cool and I love it. So the swag already is awesome. I need to get to the LucasFilm store and buy a bunch of ILM stuff cause Siggraph (the Graphics conference) is coming up in a couple of weeks and I need to represent my new company well. :)

Work is going to be very interesting and awesome, there are tons of brilliant people there and the team seems very very nice and welcoming. I am sure I can't talk about any details of what I'll be working on, but suffice it to say it's going to be super cool. Good times!!!!

I decided to try the walk home today and it was pretty nice and quite long, it took about 1 hour or so. So it'll be quick on the bike, and I am going to try to get my bike this weekend. I'm looking at some Specialized bikes as well as a Gary Fisher and maybe some others too. Also this weekend I am getting a futon from a dude at work. I bought it from a dude on the internal mail system and he is going to deliver it to me on Saturday which is super nice. ComCast is also coming to install my internet at home, so I'll finally be set up with internet at home... and have a place to sit on that is not my air mattress or the floor. Good times.

Check out this picture of the new futon I just bought for $30. Sweet!!


My new futon

So that futon will be good for sitting on as a couch but also for when I have random friends come over, so they can sleep somewhere other than on an air mattress. Good times.

So the first few days of work have been very interesting, getting my computer set up and the usual set up stuff like getting source code and building the software and reading tutorials and so on. Looking forward to all of the projects I'll be working on and being able to contribute to such an amazing team. This is going to be sooooooooooo cool. It is so inspiring to be in the company of people who did Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, basically every movie that ever made me want to do this with my life. Pretty amazing and inspirational atmosphere if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, I gotta go see The Simpsons Movie when it comes out this weekend. Man that is going to be awesome. Also I've been seeing lots of Matt Parrott which is great cause he works at LucasArts and we have been doing lots over the past few days which is great.

No comments: