Sunday, October 07, 2007

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, Boyd Tinsley sighting!!

This weekend was the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival here in San Francisco, a free outdoor Blues festival in Golden Gate Park. I had a really busy day yesterday, met Ruth from Pixar who is actually headed home to England in about a week and a half. Did the usual Saturday morning Ferry Building coffee/bread/cheese combo, and it was great. Earlier though I headed to the bike shop to pick up my bike, and they did a lube and tune-up on it and it's looking great. The gears seem to be changing a bit smoother now so I bought some of the oil they used and looking forward to riding some more next week.

In the afternoon Ruth and I headed to the Bluegrass Festival to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and we stuck around for Los Lobos which was really good too. The craziest part was that I was like 2m away from BOYD TINSLEY, the violin player from Dave Matthews Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just showed up I guess to come watch Bela Fleck (since they play with Dave Matthews Band sometimes, so I guess they must be friends), amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bela Fleck was amazing, and Victor Wooten (their bass player) was just nuts. It rocked.

Lots of people around here last night and we had a great time.

Today I am on a mission to clean up some of my apartment here, it's a real mess and really nuts. I haven't had much time lately where I feel like unpacking more stuff and cleaning so I want to get it together a bit more today. I also REALLY need to do laundry. So I'm going to take a little walk and then try to get some of this place sorted out.


A bird on the bay


Bela Fleck and the Flecktones


Awesome!!!!!!!


Victor Wooten (far left) was amazing


The sax player was playing both an Alto and a Tenor Sax at the SAME TIME at one point. Insane.


Um, yeah. That's Boyd Tinsley from Dave Matthews Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ruth and I bustin' a move in the crowd


Los Lobos on stage, very awesome

No comments: