Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jason Reitman - what a mensch!!

This guy is awesome. Just for this great attitude on life (and of course, you know, making such an awesome movie)... I think he should get best director at the Oscars tonight. :)

Check this article out. Awesome. I love his response to the question, and I feel like this dude has the same outlook on life as I do... Jason Reitman was born in Canada to immigrant Jewish parents... sound familiar? :)

LOS ANGELES -- Jason Reitman says his dad, filmmaker Ivan Reitman of Ghostbusters fame, is not the jealous type. Montreal-born Reitman has an Oscar nom as best director for Juno, which is also up for best picture. Dad has never been nominated.

"I don't think my dad is jealous at all," Jason Reitman tells Sun Media. "My father's over the moon for me. And my father recognizes how hard it is to be recognized for a comedy." Reitman senior has been married to Quebec actress Genevieve Robert since 1976. They have three children, including Jason. Both his sisters have acted. "My parents made me who I am," Jason says. "I wouldn't know anything about storytelling, I wouldn't know anything about family, I wouldn't be the man I am, if it wasn't for them. So this is as much their nomination as it is mine."
What a mensch.

No comments: