Monday, April 07, 2008

Importing my 1500 Europe blog photos into Facebook

So I've decided that I have a bunch of friends on Facebook who would be interested in seeing my Europe 2007 photos, but don't have the patience or time to go through my 3 months of Europe travel blogs to see my photos. There's a quick and easy solution which is not quick, but seems like it's going to be pretty easy... upload all my photos to Facebook!

So that sounds insane given the fact that I took 5000 photos and blogged about 1500 of them... but thanks to PicasaWeb, it looks like I can just download all the photos that I blogged to my Picasa program. This is great because I don't need to re-sort the ones that were blog worthy and the ones that were not. So that's good, and they are almost all downloaded now. I just installed the Facebook Picasa app, which allows you to link Picasa up to Facebook and create Albums on Facebook based on your Picasa Albums. Score.

I think I might need to hand-caption everything which is gonna take forever, but at least I can copy-paste like a fiend.

This is pretty exciting!! And it'll be fun to show off my Europe photos to a different set of friends than the ones who saw the blog as I was writing it.

No comments: