Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Siggraph 2008 Day 4: Wrap-up and DreamWorks

Friday I checked out of my hotel and headed to the convention center for more events. I saw some more computer animation festival movies too, and that was great. Then took off on the subway to meet Kurt in North Hollywood and we drove to DreamWorks for lunch!! It was really fun, and tasty food. The even had a slushee machine!! Super awesome. We wandered around a bunch and they have a beautiful campus. I went to the store and got a mug and a couple sweet pens too!! Fun to see where Kurt works!!

Then back to Hollywood and Highland to walk around for a while. Looks like Wall-E is playing at the El Capitan theatre which is cool, and I just chilled out, checked out some stores, bought some tacky Hollywood souveniers, and then headed back to meet Kurt. In the evening we went out with his friends for Mexican food and then went back to Kurt's house and played Halo 3 on XBox 360 for about 4 hours. :)


Cleaning up my stuff in the hotel


View from my hotel room


Sweet Coraline shirt


Back of Coraline shirt


Awesome lunch at DreamWorks


Amazing campus


I love the fountain and the hedge cut DreamWorks logo


Wall-E at the El Capitain


Sweet Wall-E ads


Grauman's Chinese Theatre


GL and Spielberg hand and footprints


Chuck Norris is so bad-ass that even his Hollywood Star can take you out


More Wall-E ads


Grauman's Chinese Theatre


Wall-E poster, I recognized some of those 3D models and shading!!!!!!!!!! :)


Hollywood sign


Kodak Theatre


Sweet Clone Wars poster


Me and the El Capitain theatre


Angie Potts, this is for you :)


Cool cactus chandelier


This guys rocked


Kurt being nuts

No comments: