Monday, September 21, 2009

Up late...

Hey all,

Hasn't been much on the blogging front in a while, I've been pretty darn busy with lots and lots (and lots) of different things. Work has been fantastic, very busy, and I'm teaching some classes in the near future which is also keeping me excited and busy. My parents were out here recently and we had a great time, I'll post some photos when I get a chance. Also it was Rosh Hashannah over this past weekend and particularly interesting this year was a concert I went to by The Sway Machinery - a cantorial indie rock band!!!! Super cool and unusual/unique/awesome tunes, and all my friends who came with seemed to really enjoy it too. Rockin'!!

It's funny how "up late" these days means 2am, not 5:30am :) I am SO tired now, I have absolutely NO IDEA how I stayed up so so so so soooo late every night for months on end in '07/'08 (and possibly every year before that) :) In 2009 I'd estimate that I've increased my average sleep amount from 5 hours to probably more like 7 hrs now, and it makes a HUGE difference to many aspects of my work and social/home life. Good (or, dare I say, GREAT) times.

On that note, I better get to bed soon. But tonight was particularly exciting, I booked the South Korea portion of my trip to Japan this year!! It is gonna be SUPER COOL, I am meeting up with a few friends who live there and it should be a somewhat-similar-but-different experience compared to Japan. Can't wait.

Also, I have Netflix now! It ROCKS. I can't believe it took me so long to join it!! Crazy. Anyway it rocks super fierce now, and the streaming for movies with their new "Instant Watch" feature is just amazing. I have my old laptop rigged up to my TV now and I can stream (from some sites, anyway) at 1080p!! Crazy. So if I want to catch up on some Lost episodes now, I can stream them from the ABC.com website at Blu-Ray quality. Pretty SWEET.

Alrighty off to bed. I hope you are all well, and to my J-Crew peeps out there... Shannah Tova and have a happy and healthy new year.

No comments: