Saturday, April 03, 2010

Conservatory of Flowers and Haight St

I slept in like crazy this morning and woke up at like 1:30pm, not sure what to do with my day. Decided to head to Golden Gate Park and hit up the Conservatory of Flowers, which was pretty freakin' awesome. I took my 50mm f/1.8 lens with me and took a bunch of photos. Lots of orchids, carnivorous plants, an arabica coffee plant (sweet!), and a scene of San Francisco made out of flowers and recycled computer parts (motherboards, keyboard keys, etc). Super cool.

Headed out of GG Park and wandered Haight St. afterwards. I'm always surprised by the juxtaposition of the stores on Haight and the people who hang around on the street. There are a huge amount of fancy high-fashion boutiques, cool used clothing stores and hip-hop shoe shops there, and at the same time (sadly) so many street kids asking for money. I hardly ever go to the Haight, but it's definitely a pretty cool part of town with an interesting and unusual history.

No comments: