Sunday, October 17, 2010

Skype released Group Video Chat

This is awesome. This is a feature I've been wanting for a lonnnng time, and it's awesome that it's finally available!! It sounds like they are planning to charge for it but there is a free 1 month trial of it now. I will give it a shot next time I talk to my parents and my sister. I expect everyone will be talking at the same time... like usual in my household :)

For those iChat users, this is similar to what you've had for ages but it's only available on Windows at the moment... presumably Linux and Mac is coming soon. To finally have a usable group conference tool that is also multi-platform is just fantastic. Really psyched. Let's hope the Mac release comes with a Facetime hookup...

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/group-video-calls/

No comments: