Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dinner

Tried something new for dinner tonight - I made my Mom's Maple Glazed Salmon recipe, but ran out of maple syrup so I used honey instead. It worked well!

The salmon was fresh from my local grocery store and was very good. Often the frozen salmon from Costco is saltier or fishier, this was neither. Very tasty.

Also made Basmati rice in my rice cooker and a stir fry of sugar snap peas, onions, yellow pepper, broccoli and Shanghai bok choy from the Ferry Building. The sauce was Trader Joe's General Tzao stir fry sauce, and it was quite sweet and tasty. I only used about half though which was more than enough, it was good not to overdo the sauce as I didn't want it to overpower the fish.

I think this worked out well, and I was particularly happy with the stir fry and the bok choy - it was really good and I could see myself making this more often! Tasty.

No comments: