Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Confirmed: TEDx speech in Keynote

Was hoping to use Keynote over PowerPoint for my TEDx in 6 weeks but wasn't sure about the technical requirements. Also, this will be the first time I'm giving a non-technical presentation with Keynote - usually it's a technical audience that doesn't mind me standing behind a podium and occasionally half-turning to read what's being projected onto the slides!

Not here of course! Just had a thought last night that... oh... right... I'm going to have some sort of monitor pointing back at me with the slides on it. Maybe even the Keynote "presenter mode" where I can have extra point-form notes visible which will help me keep on track and not miss any key points I want to say, but don't want to project. That's a very powerful feature and I didn't remember that this was possible - I always just have detailed slides with lots of technical stuff on them. But this is not that kind of talk. Exciting stuff!

I'm speaking at AU 2011 at the end of November and even though that's a more technical talk, I am going to make good use out of Presenter Mode this time as well. I really like it, it's got a lot of potential. Seeing the current AND the next slide is also very useful.

No comments: