Monday, May 01, 2006

Almost Famous, and school

Today was sweet, it was my first day of school and as expected I ran into a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages. Our phone got hooked up today so I actually have a phone number, sweet!!

I had 2 of my classes today as well and they were great, Mathematical Logic and History & Film. Logic is exactly as I expected, interesting formal versions of some stuff I kinda know, and of course there will be lots of new stuff too. It's going to be pretty interesting I think. History & Film is AWESOME!! I wasn't sure if it would be a History or a Film class, and it's kinda both. It's really cool and looks like we are going to watch a lot of interesting movies, a Marx Brothers movie, a Woody Allen movie, and lots more. There are 2 essays and 2 tests, so it is very straightforward. This is important as I have my Fine Arts class and my Computer Graphics class this term and I need to spend as much time as I can on those because they are the most important to me!! :)

This term will be pretty sweet I think. Tonight was awesome too, I got home in time to watch 24 with Matt and it was excellent as expected. Then we hung out for a while and then we were testing out the new DVD player with my copy of Almost Famous and then we ended up watching the entire movie. Once again I am amazed at how amazingly attractive Kate Hudson is, it's really kinda insane/ridiculous... in most states I would assume that it would be illegal for one person to be that awesomely hot, but here we are. Oh man. :) Haha so yeah Kate Hudson movie star crushes aside, things are great and it is sweet to be back in Waterloo.

Also, I wandered by Zach Braff's blog again and checked out his brother Josh's blog too... pretty cool stuff. Looks like Josh wrote a really interesting story called "The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green" about a Jewish boy growing up in New Jersey. Sounds cool so I emailed Josh to give him props for his website. I wonder if he'll write back. That would be awesome.

Well it's 2:30 in the morning again and I am still up. I should put up the rest of my posters and swag from work term and get some sleep. Talk to you all again soon.

No comments: