Friday, June 23, 2006

Awesome Raytracer goodness

Tonight things went really well and I was super successful with the progession on my Raytracer. As you can see from my earlier post, I got the camera working at 9:30pm tonight, now it's about 3:10am and I am back in Windows (from Linux) and just chillin' for a bit, talking on MSN etc. :) Thought I'd post these that I just finished. I managed to get the normals passed around from the sphere and box intersection code, I wrote a gradient background, then I did a cool crosshatch background thing that I then decided I didn't like. Then I wrote the Phong Lighting model!!! Insane. It went really well tonight and if you check out the final image of this set, the objects are starting to look super 3D and awesome!! Ohhhh baby, this is sweet. I haven't written a Raytracer before and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!! :)


Finally got the camera position correct

Sweet background gradient

Cross hatch background that I decided not to keep

Boxes with colour, sortof, the normals are wrong here

Box with colours and sortof correct shading

Boxes with specular, I think the normals are still wrong

Spheres with diffuse and ambient light

Spheres with specular not working

Spheres with fixed view vector for specular

Spheres with specular correct

No comments: