Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Java Model-View-Controller and Challah

Tonight I finally got started again on my next UI assignment. It's a simple drawing program in combination with some cool Model-View-Controller architecture stuff on the backend.

We have to separate the data model from the view and use Java events and listeners instead. It's a much nicer approach than we used for Assignment 2 so I am really enjoying it so far. Just about 4 or 5 hours of programming tonight but I'm already a decent way through the assignment.

We have to set up a Table on the right hand side, which shows you the view of the data model, and also lets you change the Widget types. We also need to add Undo/Redo stuff in here which should be pretty sweet.

Before I got started tonight, Norm invited me over to her house and we made some Challah. I got to make my own loaf and it was good, and we're going to eat a bunch more tomorrow.


Model-View-Controller assignment

No comments: