Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Office U.K. Version

Over the past week or so I've been watching the U.K. version of The Office. It's also totally awesome, and Ricky Gervais just might be a total comic genius... yes... yes he is.

I was surprised that in fact there are only 12 episodes total of the entire show. They have impressively told the whole story in much less time than the American version. It's way more depressing and serious than the American version, but of course the American version is still going and is already at around 45 episodes so it has a more in-depth flavour. You also get to know the secondary and tertiary characters a lot better in the American version rather than just the main four characters as in the UK version.

The UK one is hilarious as well, but it is definitely harder to understand than the US one for North American audiences I think. It's really funny but there are lots of little British phrases that I usually miss on the first "go" and if I rewind and watch a part again I still don't know what they are talking about. Still really funny though.

So yes, Matt, I'm pulling the classic Mike Jutan style, and staying up until 4:12am watching The Office... seems necessary!! Good times. I love this show. I might start watching Entourage now too if I have a chance, I also want to start watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and Extras (the new Ricky Gervais show) but I don't have a lot of time at the moment for more TV. When I have a chance I'd definitely like to check those shows out.

No comments: