Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gary Fisher Tassajara, my new mountain bike

Oh MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I just bought my NEW MOUNTAIN BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I decided to get a different colour than the one that they have in stock so I am going to pick it up next week. Here are the details.


Gary Fisher Tassajara

Here are the full specs. It's TOTALLY sweet. I got awesome front suspension and you can "turn off" the suspension too if you're climbing really big hills, which is useful here in San Francisco.

The Avid brakes are really intense and seems like you could stop on a dime with this thing. I also got Shimano Deore shifters which are totally insane too. And 27 freakin' gears!!!!!!!!!! It's super awesome.

They had 2 colours, Yellow and Black or Red and Black. They had the yellow in stock but it was a bit ugly and I really like the flame pattern on the red one, so I decided to wait a week. Can't wait for it, I am going to use it all the time. What an awesome bike!!

For more details, check out http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/bike_detail.asp?series=genesis&bike=Tassajara


Sizes

XS (13") | SM (15.5") | MD (17.5") | LG (19") | XL (21") (Sizing)

Main frame

Gold Series 6061 T6 internally and externally butted aluminum | Genesis Geometry

Fork

Manitou Slate Super w/lockout | 100mm travel

Headset

Aheadset semi-cartridge

Crank

Shimano M442-8 Octalink 44/32/22

Pedals

Alloy platform

Front derailleur

Shimano Deore

Rear derailleur

Shimano LX

Shifters

Shimano Deore

Cassette

SRAM PG950 | 11-32 | 9 speed

Front wheel

Shimano M525 disc hubs | Bontrager Camino rims

Rear wheel

Shimano M525 disc hubs | Bontrager Camino rims

Front Tire

Bontrager Jones XR 26x2.25

Rear tire

Bontrager Jones XR 26x2.2

Front brake

Avid SD3

Rear brake

Avid SD3

Handlebar

Bontrager Crowbar Sport | 25mm rise

Stem

Bontrager Sport | 10d

Saddle

Bontrager Select

Seatpost

Bontrager Sport

No comments: