Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Revenge of the nerds

So, there comes a time when you have to decide if you're taking the side of Luke, Obi-Wan and Yoda, or if you're turning towards the dark side.

Personally, I kinda just like the colour blue.

It's come to the point where I actually am going to buy a Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber. I know, I know. I am always priding myself on somehow being above the absolute nerdiness of having been a Waterloo Computer Science student... I'm always making fun of my friends/nerdy acquaintances for playing Magic Cards, Dungeons and Dragons, Stratego, Risk, and other nerdy enterprises.

And here I am, buying a lightsaber. I know. But MAN it's awesome!!

Ok if you don't believe me, check out this picture.


Lightsabers

I guess you gotta get these while they last, and Frank told me he wants to (wait for it) have a duel. When a Texan asks you to duel, it's sortof rude not to. Even if it is a lightsaber duel.

But anyway. I hope I've kept the mystique going, and actually had you thinking I wasn't nerdy AT ALL, what with the Dave Matthews listening, Simpsons watching, and general decent social ability. Well this proves that even those of us who diss on the uber-nerds at Waterloo... still have a little bit of nerdiness we can save up for a rainy day.

And I'm blogging this too. Wow. 3...2...1... ok Joel you can make fun of me now. (But when you come to visit, I know you're going to want to play with the Lightsaber)

1 comment:

Joel Z said...

get out of my head!