Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Housewarming Party

On Saturday night I had my housewarming party!!!! It was sooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!

Lots of my Waterloo friends were here, along with a few old friends from Pixar and a bunch of their friends and a few new friends from LucasFilm too!! Awesome!! A couple of my neighbours showed up too! Jansen showed up too which rocked.

I got DVD racks and a wine rack (haha - "I don't even have one bottle of wine, let alone enough to warrant an entire rack!") from a dude on Craigslist earlier on Saturday so I could finally sort out my DVDs and move them off the futon. Then I did a bunch of organizing around the apartment and cleaning up so I could house a bunch of people here. I think there must have been about 20 people here so I had to get the place pretty clean and get some boxes packed away so people could actually fit in here.

I got a bunch of nice food prepared, some carrots and hummus dip, lots of different kinds of cheese (monterey jack, cheddar, havarti, smoked gouda) and a nice piece of brie too. Yaron and the other Waterloo boys brought some awesome Red Hawk cheese and Blue Cheese from the market, along with a baguette which was really helpful because I just had crackers. The food was definitely a hit. I had some Pepperidge Farm cookies and they must have been gone in the first 5 minutes. :) Someone brought some Oreos too. :) Frank was awesome, as he came and realized there wasn't a lot of Pop here so he went out and bought a bunch of ice and pop and plastic cups, that was awesome. At the end of the night, there were about 6 oreos left and otherwise all the food was totally gone. I think it was a big hit!! We had some nice wine and the Waterloo boys brought a nice big Mondavi white wine too so that was great.

We went up to the roof for a bit to cool off and check out the view of the city at night, and then jammed on the guitar for a while. A bunch of people left about 1am, and some more people left about 2am! Since Yaron, Matt and Craig were coming from Mountain View, they all slept over on the air mattress and futon, so that worked out well. They were already looking tired by the time everyone left at 2am so we were all asleep pretty quick. The party started and was going strong for about 5 or 6 hours... pretty sweet for the first party in my new apartment if you ask me!! :)

Anyway now for lots of photos of the awesome party! :)


Cheese, Brie, Cookies, Crackers


New wine rack, haha


The calm before the storm :)


More stuff once people arrived


Mmm... food


Craig, Dmitry and Yaron


Bustin' a move with Josh, Matt and Miriam


What upppp!!!


Jess and I rockin' the party


Hey, it's just like a party at Waterloo!!


Kev and I in the, uh, walk in closet?! haha


Cheers!


Ruth, Jess and I on the roof


Frizz-ank


Nate, Me, and my neighbour's friend from Seattle


Frank testing out the bed and my stuffed animal


Matt rockin' out


Chillin'


Me rockin' some tunes


Guitar circle!!


Haha


Breakfast the next morning


Chillin' before heading downtown

No comments: