Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bye Bye Ruth, Eddy's Party, Matt and Orion

Wow, lots of stuff going on yesterday. In the morning I headed downtown to meet Ruth, her Visa is expiring next week and so she has to head back to England. She is pretty sad to leave I think. We chatted a bunch about what our plans are for the rest of the year and chilled out at what is becoming the "usual" spot there at the Ferry Building. Good times, but sad to see Ruth off. I hope she has a good time back at home.

Then it was off to Berkeley. Eduardo from work had his birthday party way up in the Berkeley Hills (Tilden Park), and I headed over there to meet some of his friends. Awesome!! It was really fun, lots of nice people (pretty much everyone was in the tech industry) :) Fun times. One couple had a really hilarious dog who was overexcited and running around a lot, which was pretty funny. I tried some Venezuelan guacamole which was reaaaaaaaally good.

Then back to San Francisco with the plan of doing some work in my apartment, continuing this insane ongoing unpacking effort that stilllll isn't done. I was 2 min from my apartment and I got a call from Matt and his brother Orion, who were at my apartment!! Sweet. So we got some Indian Food, went to this random tiki bar near my house, and then came back here, played some guitar and chatted about Dave Matthews Band lyrics, life in general, charity, working hard, girls, sound boards, kosher laws, the video game industry, car repair, coffee and about 700 other random topics for like 3 hours. Those dudes are awesome!! Orion has just moved to Sacramento from Boston so I assume we'll be seeing much more of him around here now, which is great.

Ok. So now, I'm putting on some Dave Matthews, cranking it up, opening the curtains and spending all afternoon on my apartment. My mission is to get this place sorted out, clean the floor, put down my new carpet (that's a month and a half old and is still waiting for me to unroll it), and finally be "moved in." I'm going on a massive throwing out spree today, I've got some high school notes around here somewhere that I know I don't need to keep. I gotta chuck all this stuff out, and get my place a little bit more put-together. This evening I'll take a coffee break, watch The Simpsons and buy my plane tickets for this winter break.


Another glorious coffee day at the Ferry Building


Haha this dog was nuts


Beaaaaaautiful lake in Tilden Park


Eduardo looking happy on his birthday!!


A pensive moment


Matt and Orion


Workin' it


A Paul Frank monkey and a guitar, what else could you want?!

No comments: