Monday, October 01, 2007

Dave Matthews Band concert in Mountain View

Seriously, one of the best Dave Matthews shows I've ever been to!!!!!!!!!!

They were ON THE BALL last night. It was INSANE. I don't think I've ever heard them jam so hard and just bust a move sooo fierce on all of the songs. It was intense. Their version of Jimi Thing was the usual 15 minute situation, but they played some other stuff reaaaaaaally well and jammed stuff I've never heard them jam before like the new song Eh Hee, and also the jam of Louisiana Bayou was unbelievable!!!!!!

The stage was just AWESOME!! 3 separate screens in the middle that were focused on the main people playing instruments, big screens at the sides, and I definitely think it was the best light show I've seen at a Dave show yet. Just amazing.


Amazing lights and screens

They played a whole lot of new stuff which ROCKED THE HOUSE and also Dreaming Tree was soooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeet and Dream Girl and Sister and Grey Street were all soo amazing too. The encore was absolutely fantastic, with Dave playing So Damn Lucky from the solo album, and followed by a freakin' amazing jam version of the American Baby Intro. This rooooooocked cause I didn't know what it was, I thought it was "just a jam part of a song" and I was right, it was just the American Baby Intro, not the whole song, and it must have been 10 minutes long. Amazing. They ended with the most intense version of Ants Marching that I've ever heard and all in all I think it was one of the best Dave shows yet. It was so on the ball that I had a feeling they might be recording it for a CD, I guess we'll have to see. But they were spot on. There was even some skat singing by Dave and also by Butch Taylor, the piano player!! Rawshawn Ross, the new trumpet player was on for most of the songs, and he added a LOT of new sound to the band and I loved it. Amazing, amazing, ammmaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the setlist.

Saturday Sep 29 2007
Shoreline Amphitheatre

Sugar Will (tease)
A Dream So Real *
Two Step *
Eh Hee *
You Might Die Trying *
Everyday *
Dreaming Tree *
Grace Is Gone
(Black Water) *
Louisiana Bayou *
Sister +
Granny *
Corn Bread *
The Idea Of You *
#27 *
Dream Girl *
Jimi Thing *
Grey Street *
Stay (Wasting Time) *

__________________

So Damn Lucky ~
American Baby Intro *
Ants Marching *


Show Notes:
* Rashawn Ross
+ Carter, Butch and Rashawn: Back-up vocals
~ Dave Solo

(song name) indicates a partial song
indicates a segue into next song


And... that was awesome.

No comments: