Sunday, October 07, 2007

A few things from high school

I got on the cleanup and unpacking train again tonight and unpacked some more books and CDs and came across my high school yearbooks and a bunch of other stuff. I came across a couple of things that really were nice to see...

I read my high school graduation year yearbook and I had a note in there under the Student Council page to all the students at my school, and it was nice to read. But the coolest part was the graduation section where we all had our photos and a little bit about what we liked to do at school and so on. Get this - under my "future ambitions" section: "Australia, Waterloo, ILM/Business" :) Haha well that sure makes me feel good and that things are pretty much going just as planned!

The other thing I came across was a really really sweet photo scrapbook/present that my friend Angie made for me waaaaaaaay back before I was going to Australia as a present and a send off before my trip. It brought back so many nice memories of high school and leadership conferences and all the cool people I met there and how much they all meant to me as I was growing up. Pretty amazing stuff.

Ahhhhhhh. So yeah, I got a fair bit unpacked, but then just stopped and started reading a bunch of stuff that reminded me of all the steps I've taken to get to where I am now... I even saw my Waterloo Acceptance Letter and it reminded me of how happy I was on that day... wow. What a nice feeling it is to see all this stuff. Now I just have to find a good place to put it all in my new apartment. :)

No comments: