Monday, October 15, 2007

My South Africa scrapbook

Looks like I made a scrapbook when I visited South Africa in Summer 1992.

So it looks to me that the approximate day when I decided I wanted to work at ILM was around July 22, 1992. :) It's hard to know exactly, but I was in Kimberley, South Africa I think, and this is where I watched Terminator 2 for the first time and was absolutely blown away. I already loved computers, Math was my favourite subject, and my entire future career plan became obvious in about the time it took for the T-1000 to melt up out of the checkerboard floor. Almost exactly 15 years later, to the day, here I am at ILM!!!!!!!

As well as plenty of other cool stuff, I found a hilarious photo of Matt and I from cub camp. Matt, plenty more of these to follow eventually. Sorry for the embarassment, but I dare say there is much more where this comes from. :) haha.


L->R: Me, a friend from Cubs, Matt Lausch

The best part is that I'm wearing a Ninja Turtles shirt (no surprises there), and Matt has a Blue Jays world series shirt on, hahaha!!!

No comments: