Friday, February 01, 2008

Thank goodness for Green Tea

I've been hitting those liquids hard and as Matt Parrott told me today at work, "I'll have to check out your blog to hear about how your cold is doing", so I don't want to disappoint my audience by not blogging random quasi-irrelevant details about how much Green Tea I drank today and why I like honey and lemon in glorious combination with Arrested Development Season 2 on DVD when I am sick.

Anyhow, good times. I went into work today and DAMN I love that PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I was really happy to be back, although I was still coughing like a maniac and was still feeling mostly terrible for the entire morning and most of the afternoon. Rachel, one of my team members, told me I looked terrible, but then thought that might have been rude and tried to cover it up, haha. I told her no worries, and actually I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and said, "Dude, you're taking THAT to work?!" It's pretty clear externally that I've been sick for a good 3 or 4 days, and my general high energy attitude was decently calm today due to a general pounding headache. Anyway, all is well.

This afternoon there were some presentations which were cool and I had a good time. In other news, my buddy Matt Parrott is still a freakin' genius.

Ok what else. I am obviously feeling somewhat better since it's 12:47 and I'm not in bed yet, and I'm not complaining too much about how I am cold (or alternating between hot and cold) and coughing like a madman. So things are looking better. Also I've been working on some suuuuper cool stuff at work, having a great time, and glad to get back to some of it. Everyone was nice today and said they missed me. :) I said it once, I'll say it again. Awesome place to work.

This weekend apparently it is the Superbowl?!?! So with my upbringing and general immigrant parenting I never got much time in my tightly packed schedule as a kid to "waste time" watching "garbage TV" like "Sports." And so there you have it. I totally didn't grow up with the fierce passion for this so-called College Football that they sure seem to love over here in the USA. So although my football knowledge was basically learned through a few rounds of some EA Sports football video game like John Madden 2004 on the Xbox, I still can't say no to a good time with my old Pixar buddies. So we'll see what they are up to. I am not sure if they are "takin' it easy", but I'm hoping for an invite to someone's house and some BBQ and Big Screen TV action. You know, American stuff.

My friend Anna from France came to visit last weekend and no doubt you've already seen the photos of us all bustin' a move at a pretty slick club here in San Francisco. It was fun, but man that 4 hours of hip hop flava was just about enough to take me out for like... oh right, yeah, I just missed 2 days of work. :) No I think this cold was building for a bit, and biking to work in the rain (bad idea) on Friday and sitting with wet pants and socks and shoes all day (bad idea) was definitely... well, you know.

I haven't had french toast for a while. I gotta hit some of that up.

Actually, on that note, Kurt Phillips is coming to visit. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my legendary Frank Chance-like friend turned best buddy after 4 months of EBC'in it, yelling several hip hop related puns that could have easily caused us problems since we were living literally 3 blocks from Oakland, and rockin' it P-Dizzle in the hizzle?!!! Yeehaw. Looking forward to seeing Kurt, I guess it's been a good 14 months or so, since we were last chillin' back when I was still at Pixar (would have been end of December 2006) Craaaaaaaazy!! Anyway, good times shall be had in about 2 weeks.

More importantly, gotta chill over the next couple of weekends. I don't want to rush out and do a bazillion things. I might even skip out on the Ferry Building this weekend just to chill around home. Gotta get my apartment cleaned up, but there are a couple of things I need to get. I need a duvet, but I am still waiting for another coupon from Macy's to show up in the mail. I also need a new external hard drive, but not sure if I really want to spend that kind of money at the moment due to spending too much on stuff I don't really need in the last few months. But I actually do need a new hard drive pretty soon, so I guess that's not a terrible investment. Also I need to get a vacuum cleaner, not sure if I really want to buy a particularly good one, or if I can just get one from someone at work for a good price. I should try that first I guess. I also want to see Persepolis. But all of this stuff costs time and money, and in the end all I really want to do this weekend is stay home and do some work in my apartment. I also just got a sweeeeeeeeet new Wall-E poster that I want to put up. And I really gotta get this place into shape. So that's my general plan for the next couple of weekends. Kurt's coming after that, and then more chillin' after that. Not planning any major trips until South Africa this summer!!

Yes, so it looks like I'm going to South Africa for sure. Not sure exactly when yet, but it will be sooooo awesome.

Alrighty I think that's enough blogging for tonight. Glad I am finally feeling decent enough. Tomorrow is Friday already which is nice, and looking forward to a relaxing weekend, watching a movie, and getting my apartment together.

1 comment:

Dr.Gray said...

I love green tea also. I just started getting into it a year ago from being an avid coffee drinker. Oh the world of flavor I had been missing for so long.