Thursday, February 07, 2008

Weird blue vertical line on my Dell Laptop

This morning I turned on my Dell Laptop and noticed a vertical blue line along the screen. Crap.

So I hoped it was a fluke but turns out it's a known monitor defect with 17" monitors on Dell Inspiron notebooks from the time period I bought mine.

I looked into it and found out that they are replacing the screens...
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/04/09/10675.aspx

It says it is free parts and labour as long as it's within 3 years of purchase. I am sitting at 3 years + 1 month. Crap. So hopefully they honour it.

1 comment:

Jim Shaver said...

They fixed mine about 6 months ago and it was right at the time limit.

Then yesterday morning another vertical line showed up on the left side of the monitor about 1/2 inch from the side.

I'm Ok with this one since it's out of my normal work space.

Good luck with yours.