Friday, May 02, 2008

Maya API Conference, Travel, Digital SLR, Guitar Pedals

Wow so much random stuff on my mind tonight.

Work was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome today, oh maaaaaaaan. Seriously that place so awesome, I can't even believe it. :)

Anyhoo good times. I've been workin' like crazy this week preparing for a presentation I had today, and also for a presentation that I'll be making at the Maya API Conference next week (holy crap!!) I am SO excited to go to the conference, it's the first time I've ever been and I was totally psyched just to go as an attendee. I had no idea we'd be able to talk too?!??! Crazy. So that is really exciting, and Julien and I will be presenting a talk entitled "Maya and the ILM Visual Effects Pipeline." I'll post some more details on here if I am allowed to.

Ok let's see, what else. Oh yeah, traveling! So as y'all know I'm off to South Africa this summer for a few weeks, and it is going to be amazing. I was talking to my buddy/co-worker Yisheng last week about how much my tickets were to South Africa, and even though I got a pretty good deal, he thought it was very expensive compared to a ticket to China or Hong Kong. That is reaaaaaally cool, he thought you could get a round-trip ticket from San Francisco to Hong Kong for something crazy like $600?!?!?! If that's possible and it's that affordable, I think that might be one of the next places on my list. :) My buddy Alex was just here a few weeks ago before his windsurfing trip to Maui, and he got me excited about travel again. He is really keen to go to China or Japan, and I think that might be really a great experience too. Since I'm on the West Coast already I should really get up to Vancouver too. It's pretty insane that I've never been to the Rockies and I call myself a Canadian?!?!! :) So I should probably hit that up at some point. I'd love to go on a road trip in the USA through a bunch of states too. Man, so much cool traveling to do.

So all these future travel ideas has got me thinking about getting a Digital SLR Camera. I don't really know how to use SLRs all that much, but the quality is soooooo nice and I think I can really learn a lot and I'd love it. So I am pretty sure I want to get a Digital SLR and then take a camera class. Since I love Canon (and already have a 75-300mm Canon Lens I want to use), I was thinking of getting the Rebel XTi... but the Rebel XSi just came out and it has some pretty amazing features. Not sure if they are worth the extra cost, but it sure looks cool.

On the note of buying random stuff, a dude at work today just told me about his Chorus Pedal. I've been thinking of getting one for a while since it gives an Acoustic-Electric guitar that warm concert feeling, and that's pretty awesome. I've wanted a Wah pedal for a while too, so soon I've eventually re-string my guitars and get playing again. Word.

Anyhow, good times!! Lots of stuff going on and stuff freakin' rocks.

No comments: