Monday, October 06, 2008

New computer soon

It's been a loooooooooong time since I've had a SWEET new computer, so I'm planning for the new computer soon-ish.

I just priced one out from Dell for about $1100 including tax and shipping. Here are a few of the notables:
  • Dell Inspiron 518 with Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor Q6600 (8MB L2, 2.4GHz, 1066FSB)
  • 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz (4 DIMM)
  • Dell E207WFP 20-inch Wide Flat Panel
  • ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro Graphics Media Card
  • 750GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
  • 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
  • Integrated Sound Blaster®Audigy™ HD Software Edition
  • 3Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty
This is pretty sweet. But I'm pretty sure I want to add a 2nd monitor so I have 2 20" monitors... probably that's another $150 or so. I think that's a better option than having 1 24" monitor.

The RAM and Hard Disk are good. I am not sure if it would be nicer to go with the Dell UltraSharp monitors (but I think they cost a lot more), and the video card is only 128Mb, but it's got better support for dual-monitors than the 256Mb option (which is the same price, but has HDMI support.)

So there are a few options here, also it might be nice to have a Blu-Ray player... but only if I have 1 24" monitor I guess. So not really sure 100% yet but this is quite nice, and it's a great price compared to the other options from Dell at the moment. I'm gonna keep my eye on it and probably get this in a few months.

No comments: