Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend, reading, Pizza and monitors

Today was super fun. Last night I was out with a bunch of friends after work and stayed out super late which rocked, but wanted to head off to the Ferry Building today at a reasonable time... haha. So anyway I got up at like 11:00 and headed down there eventually. It was pretty awesome, a bit rainy today but that meant less people there which was good. Got the usual Cappuccino and tried the Pear Gorgonzola tart today (which was glorrrrrrious!!!!!!!!!!!)

Then a lot of wandering downtown. I went to the mall, H&M, wandered around a bunch, went to Cocola in the mall and read my Barack Obama book for a while over another cappuccino and a chocolate croissant, went to the book store, etc. It was great. Then back to the water at the Ferry Building as it was getting dark and chilled out there for an hour or so, that was awesome.

Tonight I finally got to try Little Star Pizza in the mission, this is the place that Josh, Shelley and I tried to get into last time but it was just too busy. The wait was long but it was tttttooooooootaaaaaally worth it. :) The Pizza was amazing, deep dish and with a cornmeal crust?!??! Crazy. Chillin' with Becca and her friends is always glorious and there were a few Canadians too (yes!) When you get introduced as "this is Mike, he's from London, Ontario" and the response is, "Oh... cool!!" then you know it's all good and you won't have to field any super awkward "so why don't you sound British if you're from London" questions. :)

Now just been reading about the flat panel monitors and based on some really good advice from Lausch I think I am probably gonna get the 22" Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP monitors. The 24 inch version of this one is the top rated monitor on CNet, so presumably the 22" one is just as good. It is the one with 1680x1050, compared to the newer S2209W 22" which is 1920 x 1080.

As Lausch so gloriously pointed out, the 2208WFP is 16:10 resolution which is apparently better (since you get more vertical per horizontal) and the S2209W is 16:9 which (while good for widescreen) is not as good. Note that now I have 1920x1200 on my laptop which is sweet and is 16:10. I think that seals the deal, and also the fact that the 24" version of the 2208WFP is the top rated monitor on CNet makes me figure that's the best one to get.

I am probably gonna order them tomorrow so I'll get them around the same time I get the actual computer itself.

No comments: