Monday, February 23, 2009

Wall-E wins Best Animated Feature!!!!!!

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-oscaranimatedfeature23-2009feb23,0,498059.story

Wall-E won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature!!!!!!!! 2 for 2, baby!!!!!!! ;)

This is just so incredibly exciting. It was SUCH AN AWESOME MOVIE, and I am convinced actually it was really one of Pixar's best films - it's certainly one of my favourites.

It was a dream come true to work on such a freakin' cool project, and I'm really grateful that I was given the chance to test the "technical director" waters, try my hand at the artistic and technical art-side of the job, and get my hands "dirty" with some 3D trash (literally) and get to work on Modeling and Shading for the Wall-E truck scene and scenes of the garbage and landscapes in the first act of Wall-E.

It was so fun to be a part of this project, and it is a movie that will inspire kids and adults alike for years and years to come. Awesome times. :) Congrats to the crew!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Courtney Mault said...

So exciting!!