Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reading!

A. la Matt Lausch's goals-for-the-year list, I've been aiming to do some more reading this year. I have been shamed into looking at how little reading I do for fun by my legendary "other best friend Matt (Parrott)", and I've decided I want to step it up.

I am still the slowest reader ever, but at least I'm getting somewhere rather than nowhere. :)

I just finished Dave Eggers' book adaptation of Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are", which is both similar to and different from the movie screenplay (which Dave Eggers expertly co-authored with Spike Jonze). It was SUCH a good book, so funny and intense and silly and smart. I knew I'd love Dave Eggers' style of writing after seeing the movie, and I bought Wild Things as well as A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius which I'm excited to read soon, too.

But first, a little change from silly-yet-serious storybook to social psychology (lots of s's in this sentence)... I'm gonna start on The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell first. Seems like there will be a huge level of Jewish + Canadian vibe in that book, so it'll be near-impossible not to be able relate to it. :)

Reading!

No comments: